9 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER UPDATE #2: Season 2 Registration has been pushed back to close on November 6th. UPDATE:
- We have reduced the required number of players. Eu it is now 2 player minimum with a All-kill Bo5 format (no revives). AM it is now 3 with a All-Kill Bo7 format (no revives).
- If you do not have enough players at your school, email email@example.com and we will see if you could participate alongside other relatively nearby teams or players.
Hello from the High School Starleague (HSL)! We are very excited for the upcoming school year and have some great events planned. In addition to our recent expansion into League of Legends and Dota 2, we will be using this season to experiment with a new format for playoff seeding, the POTENTIAL (depending on interest) addition of a European Division*, and possibly some extra secrets depending on how things go. *EU Schools read here + Show Spoiler + Season 2 Format: We plan for this season to mimic the style of the SK Planet Proleague, with 2 rounds of different format. Round 1 will be an All-Kill GSTL format, and Round 2 will be the Lineup-Proleague format. Each round will span approximately one semester (8-12 weeks). Playoff Seeding *This section is subject to change, depending on how many teams participate in each round.* Playoff seeding at the end of the year will be acquired by making it into the top 2 teams of your division in Rounds 1 or 2. If a team occupies a spot in the top 2 for both rounds then the next highest team in that division without a playoff seed will be given the Round 2 seed. Also, depending on the number of divisions and if this total gives us an even 2n number of teams for the playoff bracket, we may also seed teams by their composite record and map score from the two Rounds. There will be a new registration period for Round 2 to drop inactive teams and allow new interested teams to join. Any playoff seeding method we choose, even if we should change the current plan would be a plan in which it is possible to make it into playoffs even if you only played in Round 2. Registration This is a 3 step process. You must first register as a team coordinator, verify your email, and THEN you may register for specific events, such as the Season 3 – Fall 2013 round. 1) Register on the website as a team coordinator. Coordinator Registration Tutorial 3) Verify email address 2) After logging in, you can register for specific events such as the the Season 2 – Fall 2012 round. Event Registration Tutorial FAQ: The TL;DR Edition
- Entry is FREE
- There are prizes
- All players should be from the same school. Exceptions can sometimes be made on a case by case basis. To see if you qualify for one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your situation.
- Alumni can NOT play. If you’ve already graduated High School, please move on and go play in Collegiate Starleague, but thanks for the interest. <3
- Players must be currently enrolled in High School.
- Teams must have at least 4 players for Round 1. More is recommended though for substitutes in case some are unavailable to play.
- Teams can only* consist of players within one school.
*Note: If you do not have enough players at your school, please email email@example.com with your school info and how many players you have so that we can potentially arrange to pair you with any nearby teams or free agents that we are aware of. This should serve as a last resort after having done all steps conveyed here in order to attempt to bolster your team’s numbers. Divisions Teams will be grouped with other teams in the same region. Divisions will be posted shortly after the registration period has elapsed is complete. Round 1 Format Round one will be played in an All-Kill Best of 7 format. First maps are set each week, losing team sends a new player in and the winning team does not change players until that player loses. The losing team also chooses the next map from the map pool and there are no map repeats allowed. Round 1 will also be played as a Round Robin. Teams will have the opportunity to play all the teams in their division before the conclusion of the round. Tentative Round 1 Map Pool Our selected maps are a mixture of GSL/OSL, WCS, and ladder maps.
- Akilon Wastes
- Bel’Shir Vestige
- Whirlwind –all spawns enabled
- Polar Night
- Frost –all spawn enabled
Starting Maps by Week
- Week 1 = 10/5/2013 = Frost LE
- Week 2 = 10/12/2013 = Yeonsu
- Week 3 = 10/19/2013 = Whirlwind LE
- Week 4 = 10/26/2013 = Polar Night
- Week 5 = 11/2/2013 = Fruitland
- Week 6 = 11/9/2013 = Akilon Wastes
- Week 7 = 11/16/2013 = Bel’Shir Vestige LE
- Week 8 = 11/30/2013 = Frost LE
- Week 9 = 12/7/2013 = Yeonsu
- Week 10 = 12/14/2013 = Whirlwind LE
Rules: Full rules can be found below or here. It is expected of all team coordinators to thoroughly know the rules. If you have any questions regarding the rules or would like clarification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a tournament admin through other means. Last updated on 8/9/13 + Show Spoiler +
About the HSL The High School Starleague (HSL), formerly known as the HSSTL, has been operating since 2010. The HSL strives towards providing high schoolers with as team-orientated, competitive, fun, and rewarding of an experience that playing traditional sports for a high school does. Our dream is the day when eSports are respected and appreciated as much as traditional sports, and where high schools can officially field, fund, and support their own eSports teams.
Find us at: Our Home/Main Website Our SC2 Website Our LoL Website Our Dota 2 Website Our Facebook Our Twitch Channel Our Twitter Our Youtube Our Liquipedia entry Contact us: StarCraft specific email: email@example.com SC2 Contact form Partners SoCal eSports Collegiate Starleague Battlefy